Reports to: GOTS Managing Director
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria.
We are a non-profit organisation and are looking for a Protection Officer to operate in North America, from home with occasional travel if necessary. This is a part time position for about 20 hours a week which may be reviewed in one year.
Your key responsibilities (all related to North America) include:
• Be the starting point for all trademark protection issues
• Handle Complaints
• Active search for Trademark Infringements
• Active search for violations of use of GOTS Signs
• Prevention/Educational work
• Maintaining relevant record of complaint data, action taken and current status.
• Coordinate legal actions under direction from Managing Director
Qualification and experience:
• Experience in trademark and unfair competition law, preferably on an international level
• Experience in trademark protection as well as competition law
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world leading, internationally recognized standard organisation.
The chance to support the national and international movement towards sustainable textile production.
A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work environment.
If you meet above criteria and are interested in the position, please email your resume to Jacqueline Schneider, .