Reports to: GOTS Managing Director
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria.
We are a non-profit organisation and looking for a Data Manager who will operate from home with occasional travel. Since this is a remote position, there are no barriers on geographical location of the applicant.
Start Date: At the earliest.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Manage the operation of existing databases – currently the certified suppliers database, the retailer database, and the chemicals database – by taking over the following tasks:
- user support
- definition and management of change requests
- implementation of minor changes where feasible
- analysis of data and data quality
- provide reports as needed.
- Manage interfaces to other systems (like ZDHC Chemical Gateway, Tracenet, etc.), technically and by communicating with our interface partners.
- Support development, test, and operation of the certificate database Global Trace-Base (GTB), which is currently being prepared, by assisting the project manager. Once GTB is operational, support it like the currently existing databases (see above).
- Manage centralized data on the organisation's file server by taking over the following tasks:
- define and maintain group and folder structure on the server
- administer users, user groups and their related access rights
- define a file management policy (versioning, storage, access, archival, and deletion)
- monitor adherence to the file management policy.
- Manage centralized archival of emails by taking over the following tasks:
- propose a suitable application for the centralized archival of emails in due consideration of all relevant legal requirements
- manage the introduction of the application selected for the purpose
- support the operation of the email archiving application like the currently existing databases (see above).
- Manage data security by taking over the following tasks:
- define a password policy for access to central and individual resources such as databases, file server, email accounts, personal computing devices
- define backup strategies for the central file server, for the various databases, and for data on personal computing devices (in due consideration of relevant legal requirements, GDPR in particular)
- supervise the implementation of the backup strategies
- assist individual users in implementing the backup strategy for their personal computing devices.
- Monitor the implementation of and adherence to the defined data privacy rules.
Candidates for the post of GOTS Data Manager should match the following profile:
- University/college degree in computer science – or knowledge comparable to a bachelor's degree by means of self-study and professional experience.
- At least three years of experience working with databases as a software developer, database administrator, database owner, or data analyst.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (CEFRL level C1, see self-assessment grid).
- Good communication skills – written (conciseness, structured in documentation) and spoken (agreeability and persuasiveness).
- Ability to work on one's own: self-motivating, self-guiding, self-structuring.
- Willingness to work from home (optionally at a co-working space near own residence).
- Willingness to travel for meetings (infrequently).
- A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world leading, internationally recognized standard.
- The chance to support the national and international movement towards sustainable textile production.
- Growth potential based on performance and job requirements.
- A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work environment.
If you meet above criteria and are interested in the position, please email your resume to Jacqueline Schneider, by 31st October 2021.