Report to: Head of Regional Representatives
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibers, including ecological and social criteria.
We are a non-profit organization. Due to retirement, we are looking for a Regional Representative in North America who will operate from home with regular travel.
Your Key responsibilities include:
• Contact and input marketing activities (active acquisition) towards brands and retailers.
• Organize (initial) individual consultancy for companies towards GOTS certification.
• Organize promotional events for the industry.
• Represent GOTS at industry and academic events.
• Liaise with government bodies to protect GOTS interests.
• Collaborate with GOTS marketing unit on regional promotions.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
• Three years of work experience in textiles and textile chemicals landscape - or - quality assurance, process or systems auditing with any ISO standards application such as USDA/NOP, GMP etc.
• Knowledge of textile processing or organic food processing experience and inventory control systems.
• Knowledge of social compliance requirements with regards to ILO norms.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• A respected sustainability professional with high level of integrity and reliability.
• An efficient communicator with excellent public speaking skills
• Experience working with people from many cultures.
• A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world leading, internationally recognized standard
• The chance to support the national and international movement towards sustainable textile production
• Growth potential based on performance and requirement
• A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work environment
If you meet above criteria and are interested in the position, please email your resume along with salary drawn and expected to Franziska Dormann: .