Reports to: GOTS Head of Marketing
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria. We are a self-funded non-profit organisation and are looking for a Public Relations Specialist - English Native Speaker to operate from home with travel if necessary. Since this is a remote position, there are no barriers on geographical location of the applicant.
Start Date: At the earliest
- Play an important role in driving GOTS communication efforts externally, bringing our story to life consistently and advancing GOTS’s narrative and influence.
- You will be responsible for day-to-day media relations, developing responses, written statements, Q&As, social content, arranging interviews, liaising with the media and tracking and measuring coverage.
- Produce compelling written content based on developed strategies for use in external channels such as interviews, reports, press releases, media responses, blog posts and
- Help to define and develop key messages on GOTS-related topics and further develop our profile as a respected thought leader.
- Be able to move skilfully between different audiences and contexts.
- Maintain and nurture close relationships with high profile media.
- Craft compelling stories and identify opportunities in corporate media to mitigate potential negative news cycles.
- Organise, plan and prepare press interviews and press conferences for GOTS staff.
Who you are
- Passionate about media relations and not afraid to pick up the phone to seek corrections or build understanding of complex topics.
- Ideally English and German native speaker (at least English native)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (& German)
- 3-4 years of experience in public relations in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics.
- Proven ability of proactively building and maintaining relationships with the media and successfully generating top tier, positive media coverage.
- Experience in acting as a trusted communications advisor on media issues
- Positive attitude, deeply collaborative, and enjoy working as part of a global team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy—especially across the drafting process with multiple editors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a remote environment.
- You should have a strong interest in sustainability and be familiar with Voluntary Sustainability Standards (VSS)
- A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world leading, internationally recognized standard.
- The chance to support the national and international movement towards sustainable textile production.
- Growth potential based on performance and job requirements.
- A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work environment.
If you meet above criteria and are interested in the position, please email your complete application (see below) to Holger Stripf (), by 24 January 2022.
Please include the following in your application:
- Writing samples
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
- Salary expectations