GOTS Public Relations Specialist
Reports to: GOTS Head of Marketing
Are you committed to making a positive impact on the future of people and the environment?
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is actively seeking a dedicated PR Specialist to join our international team. We value your creative ideas, insightful perspectives, and communication skills to contribute to meaningful change. This is a remote home-office position, and fluency in both German and English is essential. Travel may be required when necessary. Since this is a remote position, there are no geographical limitations for the applicant.
GOTS is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria. As a self-funded non-profit organisation, we are a tight-knit team of dedicated specialists. Our collective vision is that organic textiles will become a significant part of everyday life, enhancing people's lives and the environment.
Start Date: At the earliest
- Develop and oversee an annual media strategy to propel GOTS' strategic aims and targets towards external audiences.
- Play an important role in driving GOTS communication efforts externally, bringing our story to life consistently and advancing GOTS’s narrative and influence.
- Engage in proactive media outreach and identify opportunities to showcase GOTS in both digital and traditional media.
- You will be responsible for day-to-day media relations, developing responses, written statements, Q&As, social content, arranging interviews, liaising with the media and tracking and measuring coverage.
- Produce compelling written content based on developed strategies for use in external channels such as interviews, reports, press releases, media responses, blog posts and
- Help to define and develop key messages on GOTS-related topics and further develop our profile as a respected thought leader.
- Be able to move skilfully between different audiences and contexts.
- Maintain and nurture close relationships with high profile media.
- Craft compelling stories and identify opportunities in corporate media to mitigate potential negative news cycles.
- Organise, plan and prepare press interviews and press conferences for GOTS staff.
Who you are
- Passionate about media relations and not afraid to pick up the phone to seek corrections or build understanding of complex topics.
- Ideally English and German native speaker (at least English native)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English & German
- at least 3-4 years of experience in public relations in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics.
- Proven ability of proactively building and maintaining relationships with the media and successfully generating top tier, positive media coverage.
- Experience in acting as a trusted communications advisor on media issues
- Positive attitude, deeply collaborative, and enjoy working as part of a global team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy—especially across the drafting process with multiple editors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a remote environment.
- You should have a strong interest in sustainability and be familiar with Voluntary Sustainability Standards (VSS)
- A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world leading, internationally recognised standard.
- The chance to support the national and international movement towards sustainable textile production.
- Growth potential based on performance and job requirements.
- A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work environment.
Please include the following in your application:
- Writing samples
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
- Salary expectations