Katharina Schaus has over 25 years of experience as an auditor, certification manager, certification consultant, sustainability manager and knowledge mediator in the textile and apparel industry.
She is co-initiator and on-boarding facilitator of GOTS.
Professional milestones, references, and experience:
From 1995-2018 IMO Swiss AG and Ecocert Group (as freelancer)
- Establishment of the textile department at the certification body IMO Swiss AG:
Development and implementation of an international inspection and certification system for organic textile production (certification programs: IVN, Coop Natura Line, GOTS).
- Inspections, evaluations, certifications of spinning mills, weaving mills, dyeing factories, finishers, garment manufacturers, traders against standards such as GOTS, OCS, IVN-Best, IVN Leather, Fair for Life; On average 40 audits per year in approx. 25 countries, 2 certification bodies / procedures; completed “GOTS Auditor Training Course” at Social Accountability International (SAI).
- Organization of the international congress INTERCOT:
1996 DE-Bingen, 2002DE-Düsseldorf, 2005 USA-Chicago - Milestones of the GOTS development.
Since 2001 it fits- Organic Textile Partner (as founder)
- Consultancy specialized in sustainable textiles and certification systems (among others preparation for accreditation of BCS Control/Intertek, IMO), label and standard expertise.
- Projects on supply chain management, chemical management, sustainable strategies, standard / policy development and implementation.
- Publication, Co-authorship: green knowledge, Certification as a success factor (Zertifizierung als Erfolgsfaktor), The Fiber Year.