Working Student to assist the Public Procurement Specialist
€ 520 on minijob basis, 10h per week
GOTS is looking for a motivated and passionate student of European studies, law, economics, political sciences, international relations journalism or other relevant subject, who may have a background in communications and some working knowledge or interest in research on sustainability and sustainable procurement.
You will mainly assist the Specialist with the implementation of the sustainable public procurement activities, communication activities, liaising with external bodies and conduct research on the topics of sustainable procurement in textile sector.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Specialist in its daily activities regarding strengthening the capacities and improving the knowledge on public procurement for certified organic textiles.
- Assist the Specialist with the design and implementation of the projects on sustainable procurement.
- Support the Specialist with regard to the external communication with partners and other parties interested in sustainable procurement for textiles; support GOTS in becoming involved in different initiatives. This will also involve providing general office support for translations, mailing and telephone support and management of contacts.
- Assist in various research-based tasks associated with the sustainable procurement for textile goods and support in keeping GOTS databases up to date.
- Attend meetings, webinars, work on development of promotional materials.
Who you are:
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Sense of initiative, organisational and coordination abilities.
- Sound drafting, communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral)
- Ability to write in a range of styles.
- Understanding that sustainable public procurement principles are an asset.
- German native speaker with excellent written and oral communication skills in German & English.
Benefits for you:
At the end of this internship, the successful candidate will have gained in:
- Exposure to and experience at the not -profit, world leading, internationally recognized standard.
- Exposure to an international movement towards sustainable textile production in the context of public procurement.
- Exposure to an international multicultural work environment and team.