Support Officer, APAC
(part-time, home office)
Reports to: GOTS Representative in APAC
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria.
We are a non-profit organisation and are looking for a Support Officer, APAC region that includes Greater China Area (Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan), Indonesia, Korea, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. The Support Officer, APAC shall be physically based in the above regions and working from home with occasional international and domestic travels when necessary. This is an assistant level position based on part-time and requires at least 20 hours per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day reply to enquiries from global brands/retailers towards GOTS labelling;
- Day-to-day reply to enquiries from processing and manufacturing companies towards certification;
- Engage with certified facilities through regular correspondences on certain topics;
- Use of software to manage client relationships;
- Assist in preparing media related materials such as newsletter and annual report;
- Produce regular visualization and word contents for regional social media platforms;
- Conduct media monitoring and provide consolidated data in pilot regions;
- Assist in preparing materials and presentation translation for events such as regional seminars and trade shows;
- Assist the translation between English and Chinese upon request;
- Collect relevant operational data in APAC region;
- Provide other administration and event management supports upon request.
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years’ experiences in supply chain sustainability issues, and ideally with textile industry background;
- Experience of running social media accounts with videos and texts would be an asset;
- Experience and familiarity working with databases, spreadsheets and Microsoft applications, willing to learn other software;
- Flexible to communicate with multiple time zones
- A faster learner and ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese Mandarin is a must. A Chinese language native speaker is preferred;
- Experiences of working in a team with international background will be an asset.
- Responsible, ethical work attitude.
- A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world leading, internationally recognized standard.
- The chance to support the national and international movement towards sustainable textile production.
- Growth potential based on performance and requirement.
- A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work environment
Please include the following in your application:
- CV/Resume in English and Chinese
- Salary expectations